5 Ways To Maximize Your Time at Conferences and Film Festivals!
Hey Content Creators,
I've come up with 5 ways to maximize your time at conferences and film festivals!
You may know this about me already but if you don't, my mission in life is to inspire, motivate, and educate women and minorities so they could show up in their best way! As I prepare to moderate a media panel in Miami I've come up with a list that I believe can truly activate my future success and yours too at any event, especially film festivals. I've shared the 5 ways below.
1. Research who you want and need to collaborate with. Don't try to meet everyone, you want to meet THE one.
2. Prepare your agenda before hand. Your agenda should be based on what's most important to you and what your number one goal
3. Prepare a list of questions. Know how people on your list can activate or grow you and your career. Ask questions that best utilizes the person's skills set.
4. Listen. This really starts before you attend the conference during your research. Prepare yourself to fill a need of the person you want to collaborate with. In networking, giving is better than getting.
5. Prepare a 30 second elevator pitch!!! Don't get there and be stumbling over what you do and who you are! Be able to tell people who you are, what you do, what makes you unique or a standout, and why you do what you do.
BONUS. I learned this tip from Senior Vice President of Sales, MichelleThornton (BET-Her). Reach out before hand and connect with the people you want to meet so that they can be expecting you. DOPE TIP, thanks Michelle!
I hope this list can activate you closer to success before you attend your next event!